©2010 by Jack Remick and Robert J Ray
Study the Mythic Journey Diagram then return here for some writing:
To get control of your story, you write a mythic journey for your protagonist.
And then you write a mythic journey for your antagonist.
Steps to the Mythic Journey. Use the listed times for each section. Write until the clock stops.
- My story takes place in a time when…. 2 min
- The cage that imprisons my protagonist feels like…. 3 min
- My protagonist escapes the cage when…. 3 min
- On the Quest, my protagonist encounters…. 4 min
- To defeat the Dragon, my protagonist must…. 4 min
- My protagonist reaches home when…. 3 min
Now repeat the process for the antagonist in your story: